|Explore the Rideau Canal
and Friends of the Rideau
by following these links:
The Rideau Canal
What's A Rideau
Map of the Rideau
How A Lock Works
STOP WASH - Page 7
1. How far should you be away from the shoreline while operating a
2. If you are practising good shoreline "softening" techniques, you
- 15 metres
- 20 metres
- 30 metres
- 40 metres
3) Which of the following are good examples of boat safety?
- Pull all the weeds out of the water.
- Pull out the wild plants, including dandelions, from the shoreline.
- Get involved in planting several shrubs along the shoreline.
- Destroy the buffer zone that is near the shoreline.
4) Which of the following animals could be in danger if you produce too
large a wash with your personal watercraft (PWC)?
- Speeding up when approaching other boaters.
- Disobeying all boating rules and regulations.
- Going fast when you are 15 metres from the shore.
- Boating close to swimmers.
- None of the above.
(Click here for answers)
- a baby loon
- a deer
- a fox
- some fish eggs
- both a and d
- none of the above
Friends of the Rideau
1 Jasper Avenue
Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada, K7A 4B5
Tel : 613 - 283 - 5810.
©1997- Rideau Waterway Co-ordinating Association (Friends of the Rideau)
Comments about the website
Website design & maintenance donated by: Ken W. Watson